10 May 2012

Stripes, Print and Color block

The best thing about fashion trends lately is the ability to experiment with different colors, prints and geometrical shaped pieces without being judged. Lets face it, not in a million years would I have thought to ever splurge on a Sass&Bide leopard print pants, True? Yes true! One of my favorite trends out there at the moment is the print on print trend. The key here has nothing to do with whether they go together or not, to me it's really about whether A- Being comfortable in the outfit and B- The prints are "complementing" my body and each other. You see we are all women, but so differently shaped. whenever I'm uneasy about a piece I'm wearing or I feel its clashing on me, I usually either try to work around it if I really want to include it in the outfit or just leave it for something better along the run. The safest print on print is pretty much an animal print with any striped let that be a top, pants or even a jacket. Get out of your comfort zone, and experiment. You will be amazed how so many things work well with and on you. 








Jeans: Lee
Flats: Zomp
Jacket: Old
Tee: Cotton On
Bag: Alexander Wang