14 October 2012

What difference does it make?

Have you ever stopped and thought to yourself, What is my style?. We sure do follow fashion trends and some of us may even splurge on an item or ten that you don't even need. But before you actually make that purchase, have you asked yourself some important consumer questions? Is it for me? My style? How many times will I wear it? Do I have items that I can mix and match it with more than once?. These are questions I try to stick to and follow (I fail sometimes, but hey don't hold it against me).

Let's be honest, we are all followers at some point when it comes to fashion trends, but what represents you for who YOU really are is your style. I mean if you give me a potato sack and tell me "Hey it's in fashion" my response will be "Hell no". It does not represent who and what I'm all about. I can style it to fit my personality and all, but still it's an item I would stand contemplating whether I should or should not buy and I'll probably end up wearing it once.

You might sit there reading this blog thinking, "What is she on about?". Allow me to open up here, everywhere I go girls just all look the same, For example, I can walk into a place and there is 8 out of 10 girls wearing the same top (Peplum for example), sure it might be in a different color, but seriously? If X can pull it off, it does not mean that Y can too. And this is where I stop and think. "Girl where is your style"?.

Style is your personality. A character and the story is only told by you. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and explore who you really are, through what suits you and flatters you the most.
It's an inspiration to others as well as a unique stamp to staying true to yourself. So don't go following trends just for the sake of fitting in.

" "Style" is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma. "Fashion" is something that comes after style." John Farichild.

Have a great weekend x